Top Five Best Air Compressors | Review & Buying Guide 2020
Do you know the fact that first ever Air Compressor is Human Lung? works on the same principle of Lungs. They convert air into kinetic energy. Human beings started using the Practice of air pressure around 3000 B.C. Later in the 1500 B.C., new models of Air compressor is invented and people started discovering numerous uses of Air compressor. A complete evolution of Air compressors occurred in between the 17th century and 19th Century where multiple models are invented. Air compressors are basically used in many situations. Are you searching for Best Air compressors? Picking the best air compressor is a very tough job without knowing important features.
Top five Best Air Compressors Comparison Chart
What is an Air Compressor?
An air compressor is a device which is used to convert power into potential energy stored in the pressurized air by using electric motor, diesel or gasoline engine. Latest technology changed the total construction of Air compressor and brought potential uses of Compressed air.
The energy saved as the compressed air is used for various type of applications. The principle of air compressor is it forces a huge amount of air into the storage tank by increasing pressure and when the tank is fully filled it shuts off automatically.
Compressed air is used by utilizing the kinetic energy of the air when it is released which makes tank depressurizes. After complete utilization, tank pressure reaches its lower limit, then air compressor turns on and starts repressuring the tank.
Best Air Compressor Buying Guide:
Many models of air compressors are available in the latest market. Investing in the valuable and profitable air compressor is very crucial part because quality and utility depend upon the features and performance of air compressors. Here are main features which play the main part in the performance of Air compressor.
Power supply: Air compressors use three types of power supplies. Three types of power supplies are electric motor, diesel or gasoline engine. All the latest model air compressors are designed with an Electric motor. Gasoline compressors need a lot of maintenance and run louder. All indoor needs can be fulfilled by an electrical air compressor. Gasoline air compressors are suits best for outdoor work areas. Horsepower is more in Gasoline air compressors than in electric models.
PSI: PSI is the term stands for Pounds per square inch. This feature is a very important point to check in the air compressor. PSI value increases the capability of the air compressor. Higher PSI refills tank very fast and more efficiently. Lower PSI fills tank slowly. Higher PSI is used for industrial level works and bigger jobs. Machines with higher PSI works very fast and saves your tie and energy.
Stationary or Portable Air Compressor: Portability is an important feature for few users if they work remote and wants to take air compressor along with them. Stationary and portable air compressors are two types of air compressors in which Stationary air compressors are fixed in one place and portable air compressors can be taken anywhere with User. Stationary air compressors are great to work with and have the best performance. They are large in size, heavy in weight and best in work. Portable air compressors are small in size and suitable for outdoor works. Based on your needs and your workplace, select the one in our top Best air compressors.
Performance: The performance of the air compressor should be also high and good. Best performance air compressors have the perfect design, good quality and work very fast. The performance of air compressor depends on the power supply and output given by the compressed air. Higher performance compressors are always the best.
Tank capacity: The capacity of the tank means the amount of pressurized air it can be filled at one time. Tank capacity determines the capacity of the air compressor. More tank capacity means more air can be filled inside and can be used for a very long time. On an average, air compressors have 4 gallons of storage per CFM. Many compressors are built with tank capacity ranging from 1 to 6 gallons.
Quality: Few compressors are built with low-quality metals which may cause damage and explosions of the air compressor. It is a safety caution to check for the quality of air compressor and materials used in the manufacturing of the air compressor. So avoid danger and select the high-quality one.
CFM: CFM is the term defines the capacity of the air compressor. cubic feet per minute is full form of CFM. It determines the number of liters per second or cubic meters per hour the air compressor is able to process in.
Know your needs: Your needs and requirements also impact the selection of right one. A high quality, heavy performance air compressor may not come in use if you have no idea about your needs. So note few points about your needs so You can select the one that suits you and fulfill all your needs.
Top Five Best Air compressors:
Based on all the main features, best reviews and well research, We have selected these top five best Air compressors which match your needs and gives you best utility.
1. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak – Best Portable Air Compressor:
Senso Air compressor comes on the top of our list because of its amazing design and versatility. This air compressor is manufactured by Senso company with high-quality design.
It is a portable design and rated as one of the best air compressors. Designed especially for the various type of crafts and hobbies. The Senco PC1010 Compressor have a unique design and a ultra-quiet choice. Horsepower of this 1 HP which offers high performance and can work for a very long time. Product dimensions are 14 x 13 x 10 inches and it weighs 20 Pounds.
- Highly versatile design with a completely portable body. The weight of this best air compressor is just 20 Pounds which allows the user to carry it easily anywhere.
- Tank capacity is one-gallon which suits best for all renovation, home improvement and artistic construction Projects. It is best for powering nail guns and paint sprayers.
- Horse Power of Senso Air compressor is 1/2 horsepower running where it continuously delivers half of a horsepower of power and goes up to one horsepower when it reaches peak point.
- Per minute, Senso air compressor delivers 20 to 44 drives on which user needs to adjust the drives depending upon the application and workpiece.
- Maximum power is 125 psi which gives it powerful capacity and more durability.
- Designed with lube free pump which makes it oil free and avoids the problems of mess and disposal issues.
- Construction of Senso air compressor is made as compatible design and it works with very low noise which is preferable for many users.
- It takes 128 seconds to pump up completely and 35 seconds to recover which saves user's time and energy.
- The cylinder is made up of Aluminium which makes the structure very strong and power. It also gives ultimate durability.
- Best for all home improvement and renovation works.
- Portable and versatile design.
- High durability.
- Very fast recovery time.
- Horsepower is great and helps to work fast.
- Lube free pump avoids oil mess.
- Malfunctions in pressure relief process.
- 1 gallon capacity is low for few works.
2. PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor – Best Pancake Air Compressor:
Porter Cable Air compressor comes in the second position of our list. Porter air compressor is one of the top rated air compressors and is constructed as Pancake style compressor. Pancake structure gives the tank a very stable and high capacity.
Product dimensions are 18.3 x 18 x 19 inches and weigh 34 pounds. It suits perfectly for heavy-duty work, oil free, environmentally friendly, impressive design, Best capacity, and portability. Here are some exciting features about our favorite name Pancake Structured Porter cable air compressor.
- Oil-free pump gives low maintenance and mess free workplace.
- Tank capacity is 6 gallons which are really great for professional work where more energy is needed. It refills within 2 to 3 minutes.
- Tank consists of water drain valve and rubber feet.
- Starts at very low AMP of 120V
- Tank pressure at the maximum of 150 PSI and recovers the pressure immediately within minutes. This enables speedy recovery time.
- Designed with C2002-WK which prevents leaks
- Totally oil free pump prevents workplace from mess.
- Comes along with 13 pieces of accessory kit.
- Portable design with no sharp edges.
- No sharp edges which are good for the user.
- Starts up at low AMP which is best for cold areas.
- Amazing recovery speed
- Optimal stability and impressive design.
- Best for all professional works.
- Very easy installation.
- Issues with the regulator.
3. Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor – Best Cheap Air Compressor:
Campbell air compressor comes in the third position of our list. Campbell air compressor is manufactured by Campbell Hausfeld company which never compromise on quality and always thinks about customer's needs.
This company is constructing quality products from 1936. Talking about the Campbell air compressor, it consists of the compatible design and designed as horizontal 3-gallon capacity oil less structure with high power.The Campbell air compressor is designed to handle multiple projects. It works easier and faster.
- Manufacturer specially constructed this air compressor for all type of professional works like tire and ball inflations, powering air brushes and upholstery projects. Many users find this air compressor helpful because of its wonderful advantages and ability to work.
- Tank capacity is 3 gallons and works on 0.36 CFM at 90 PSI. Tank capacity is great and makes it ideal and powerful compressor.
- Maximum PSIs 110 PSI and it provides very fast recovery time.
- Oil-less the pump helps in low maintenance.
- Rigid structure and the whole body is very strong and perfect
- Starts working at a minimum of the 120-volt outlet.
- Kit includes coiled hose, blow gun and inflation needles with fittings. All accessories are good and make a perfect champion for all projects.
- Ideal for tire and ball inflations.
- Good tank capacity.
- Strong structure and damage proof cover.
- Portable and highly durable.
- Too loud and causes a disturbance.
- Takes more time to recovery.
4. California Air Tools CAT-6310 Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free – Best Small Air Compressor:
California air compressor comes in the fourth position of our list because of its quite a work and unique design. Manufactured by California air tools, this compressor is the best based on all the unique features and utilization. The most amazing news about this compressor is it works at as low as 60 decibels. Best for those who needs peaceful workplace. Product dimensions are 23.6 x 13.3 x 24 inches with weigh 50 pounds. Specialist in work, stylish in looks and best for every user.
- Very quite at work and produces sound as low as 60 decibels
- Totally oil free and no need of maintenance.
- Tank capacity is 6.3 gallons and tank is structured in horizontal shape.
- Motor power is really high and horsepower is 1/2 in starting and reaches 2.0 HP at its peak point.It is noted as highest HP air compressor
- Designed with wheels which help the user to carry it anywhere because it weighs 50 pounds.
- Very quite in work
- Highest Horsepower
- Best tank capacity.
- Oil free design.
- Overheat issues are observed.
- Weight is high which makes it hard to transport.
5. DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor – Best Rated Air Compressor:
Last but not least, Dewalt air compressor comes in the fifth position of our list. Manufactured by popular company Dewalt which always promises quality. Designed with high-efficiency motor, this machine is easy to start up in cold weather too.
- Tank capacity is 6.0 gallons and 2.6 SCFM is delivered at 90 PSI pump which makes it higher in pressure and easier to work with.
- Unique in performance and strong structure.
- Noise the level is 75.5 decibels which make it pretty quiet to work with.
- Very easy to start up in cold weathers.
- Tank capacity is higher.
- Noise the level is good.
- Can start easily in cold weather.
- Optimal stability and impressive design.
- Best for all professional works.
- Very easy installation.
- Issues with adjustable jam.
How to Choose and Use an Air Compressor (Video)
Read all the helpful information about the best air compressor buying guide and best air compressors? Now it’s your time to figure out your requirements and selecting the perfect one. Based on your needs, go for a high quality best air compressor. All this information is well researched and useful information for you.!