Best Band Saw Reviews | Buying Guide 2019
A bandsaw is a unique machine which is used to cut in irregular shapes. From professionals to DIYers everyone's tool box collection must have Bandsaw to design elements. Best Band saw provides the safest way to work on wood and metals. It is almost impossible to make curves or irregular shapes without a proper machine. A perfect Bandsaw saves your time, energy and also gives you whole new experience in your projects. Not all Bandsaws can cut, different varieties of Bandsaws are available in the present market. Try not to invest in cheap quality and less featured Band saw.
Top Five Best Band Saws Comparison Chart
Here is a guide in which you can find all the important key features of the Band saw and Top best band saws You can buy right now.
What is a Best Band saw?
A bandsaw is a machine which consists of a long sharp blade with a band of toothed metal fixed in between two wheels. The first Band saw was invented in the year of 1806. In olden days Bandsaws are stationary with thick blades which need huge maintenance and take a lot of time to cut. Later on, Technology changed the complete design of Bandsaw. Latest bandsaws are faster and easier to work with. Band saws are used in woodworking, lumbering, metalworkings and also in cutting various type of materials. It cuts uniformly and gives an accurate cut as user needs. It is also used in joining and resawing works.
The bandsaw is designed with the various type of designs. Most of the Band saws are basically constructed with a pair of wheels, and few band saws also have three wheels loaded with a thin rotating blade. All the latest Bandsaws are powered by an electrical motor. With appropriate and efficient Bandsaw you can achieve accurate cuts and most wonderful designs. Having a pretty good idea about the features of ideal bandsaw may help you to find the best band saw. So here is a buying guide which teaches you everything you need to know about Band saw.
Best Band Saw Buying guide:
A high-quality Band saw must have a perfect blade to make finest cuts, a well-built table to support the blade and a powerful motor to get work done fast and efficiently. Along with these few other specifications also make Band saw the best to work with. It is not an easy way to select the one because many models are brought into the market by top manufacturers. This buying guide explains you all the key features to look before buying the best band saw.
Band saws are constructed in different ranges of Sizes. An average size of Band saw is between 10-24 inches. The size of the Bandsaw depends upon the diameter of the pulleys. The size of a band saw is represented by the diameter of the pulleys. Larger bandsaws are advised for professional works and smaller bandsaws are helpful for DIYers and small wood works.
Motor capacity and cutting speed:
Latest model Bandsaws are powered by the electrical motors. Motor capacity can range from 0.5-1.50 horsepower. Large Bandsaws needs 1 Horsepower or above to work efficiently. Based on the material of the workpiece, the motor capacity may vary. Materials like wood need less horsepower whereas metal and heavy duty materials need higher horsepower. Cutting speed is the number of feet a bandsaw can cut in a minute. A bandsaw with perfect blade and optimized performance can cut about 3500 feet per minute. The higher cutting speed, the more power bandsaw needs to get operated.
Teeth per inch:
Teeth per inch are the number of teeth designed in one inch. Experts recommend three teeth per inch to finish work faster and accurate. Less number of teeth gives faster feed but not much accurate. More teeth give a smooth finish and work great. You have to keep in mind the type of material you are working on. For thick materials. TPI of 2 or 3 is recommended. For thinner materials, TPI of 15-32 is suggested to work faster.
Construction of the Bandsaw is made as a blade stretched in between two wheels, Top wheel, and the bottom wheel. The principle of the Bandsaw is based on the momentum of the wheels. Wheels are usually made up of Cast iron, aluminum or other alloys. Cast iron is preferable as it weighs heavy and delivers more inertia which makes the process steady and stable. Spoked wheels reduce vibration and run smoothly.
Throat capacity is defined as the distance between the frame and the blade. It is an important aspect to check because the throat capacity is the capability of the saw to cut deeper. Higher throat capacity indicates wider cuts and larger pieces. If your workpiece is large logs you definitely needs the machine with higher throat capacity. Different types of Bandsaw have different ranges of Throat capacity. Bench-top band saws have the throat capacity ranging from 12 inches to 14 inches and cabinet models can cut wider.
Types of Blades:
Bandsaws are designed with a different type of blades. Blades may vary in the features of tooth patterns and blade width. Most commonly used tooth are skip tooth, raker set tooth, wavy set tooth. Hook tooth blades consist of wide teeth which are closely spaced. These teeth are useful for hardwoods. Skip tooth blades consists of wider spaced teeth which cut soft metals and softer woods. Wavy and raker set blades are used to cut ferrous metals. Based on your purpose and metals you are going to work on, select a blade with a suitable pattern. Average Blade widths from 1/8 inch to 1 inch. Thinner blades with finer teeth can cut the sharp curve and a tight radius. Thicker blades can cut straight and a slight curve. If you are working on a glass, diamond blades are recommended.
Type of Table:
Table for the bandsaw must be made up of a steel, aluminum alloy or cast iron to make sure strength and durability. The table should have a feature to tilt up to 45 degrees for angled cuts. Most of the Bandsaw have a table with the 16″ x 20″ dimensions and it is preferable. Table height should be between 38-50 inches.
Top Five Best Band saws Reviews:
After reading the buying guide, You got an idea about the Best band saw. But now where to find the one? So we took effort and spent a lot of time in finding this top best band saws for you. Based on the top qualities, top rated and best reviews, here are the top five Best Band saws for you.
1. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit: - Best Budget Band Saw
Jet Deluxe pro Band saw is perfectly designed as the best champion for every professional woodworker and DIYers. If you are searching for a Band saw which needs a small area to fit in and gives optimized performance then this Band saw is for you. Jet Deluxe pro Bandsaw is a 14 inches bandsaw with a massive cast iron frame. It provides most accurate cut and professional work experience.
Here are more features about this top best Best saw:
- Designed with upper and lower cast iron frame which increases strength and rigidity.
- Throat capacity is 14.00 which makes it cut wider and deeper. This feature is best for professional works.
- Consists of 12-Inch resaw capacity which enables the user to cut larger pieces of wood.
- Power capacity is 115/230 volts
- Motor capacity is 1.25 Horsepower and it provides high speed to work faster and quicker.
- Blade Length is 105 Inches and it is pretty good for larger work pieces.
- Jet deluxe pro Band saw is specially built with 2-speed poly-y belt drive system
- Blade speed is 1500 / 3000 which is great for all wood works.
- Blade the guide is made with rack and pinion adjustment.
- Table Dimension is 15″ x 15″ and 43-1/2 Inches in height. It is perfect for small areas.
- Cutting Capacity is 13-1/2″ x 12″ in wood and metals.-Designed as Bench top model.
- Consists of Upper and Lower Ball Bearing Guides which reduces Friction
- Bench top model.
- Cutting capacity is good.
- Works faster.
- Fits in small places.
- Blade speed is good
- Issues with Cord.
2. WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight - Best Band Saw For The Money
Wen Band saw is a simple but powerful design which perfectly meets all the needs of woodworkers. Operated by a powerful motor, this band saw gives most accurate cuts and finest curves. This is designed with 72-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size which provides a variety of both intricate and powerful cuts.
- Powered by 3.5 amp motor which can create cut six inches deep and 9-3/4 inches wide.
- Built in with a fence for straight cuts, and a miter gauge for angled cuts.
- Consists of 3-in-1 dust port which fits variety of dust extractor hoses
- Built in Ball-bearings which gives the blade smooth operation.
- The the spacious table which can tilt up to 45 degrees angle.
- Two different speeds are available. 1520 or 2620 FPM speed options are provided.
- Consists of 72-inch blades from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size.
- Various sizes of blades are available.
- Table is spacious
- Gives smooth operation.
- Adjustment issues are observed.
3. Makita XBP01Z 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Band Saw - Best Cheap Band Saw
Makita cordless Bandsaw took the third top position of our list because of its versatile and compact design. It is superiorly engineered and well-designed band saw. It is easy to use and best for both beginners and professionals. Here are some more features about Makita cordless Bandsaw.
- The top best feature of this band saw is it meets ANSI standard 60745-2-20.
- Powered by the motor which delivers 630 ft/min. blade speed. It gives very fast cutting.
- LED light feature is enabled to watch work area clearly.
- Bumper design protects the whole body.
- Cutting the capacity of this band saw is 2-1/2" which is best for cutting pipes, rods, and angle iron.
- Tool-less blade system is enabled which gives fast blade installation and removal.
- Made up of high-quality material.
- Simple to use.
- Easy blade installation.
- Soft grip handle.
- Not for heavy duty works.
- Breakage issues are observed.
4. DEWALT DCS371B 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Band Saw - Best Portable Band saw
Dewalt is a popular company which always promises high quality, best durability, and optimized performance. Dewalt band saw is their innovative invention with all perfect feature which gives a great performance. Powered by the 20V lithium battery and specially designed central handle which provides superior balance and ergonomics. Designed to reach all your exceptions and makes the best tool in your tool box collection.
- Cutting capacity is 2-1/2" with speed of 570 feet/minute. This capacity and speed easily cut iron and steel very fast.
- Powered by 20V lithium, battery.
- It is a portable bandsaw which is easy to carry everywhere.
- Designed with Dual bearing blade guide rollers.
- Built in LED light with the twenty-second delay.
- Rugged design and shatter resistant design.
- Strong design
- Powerful battery.
- Speed is good
- Issues with the motor.
- Damage issues are observed.
5. POWERTEC BS900 Band Saw - Best Band Saw For Woodworking
Last but not least, Powertec Bandsaw is one of our favorite best band saw. If you are searching for a simple, pretty, portable, easy to use, easy to install band saw, this is for you. Designed by Powertec company, this bandsaw has all the ideal features.
- Powered by induction motor 1/2 HP, AC voltage is 2.5 Amps and produces a speed of 1725 RPM which gives finest cuts very fast.
- Blade size is 62-Inch x 1/8-Inch x 3/8-Inch
- The table is made up of Aluminum Die Casting and it provides high durability.
- Blade guard adjustment is available for quick and easy blade change.
- The the table is designed with rack and pinion adjustment and tilt to 45 degrees.
- Throat Depth is 9-Inch and provides finest cuts.
- Blade width is from 1/8-Inch to 3/8-Inch which is useful for scroll cutting and resawing.
- Versatile design.
- Easy to use.
- Accurate cuts.
- Breakage issues.
Band Saw Basics (Video)
Now, you got an idea about the best band saw. Now it is your time to find the one. Whether you are a professional worker or Diy enthusiast all these top five best band saws suits for you and gives you ultimate results and saves your energy.